When my boys were little I always thought with out a doubt I would have a house full of little baseball players! After all that's the sport that I love. As they have gotten older not one of them have picked that sport up. Instead we have done soccer, basketball, archery and football. This whole football thing has been quite the experience. I had no idea that the majority of the parents actually sit through all the practices. The time that gets put into this. Every day from 4:45 I am dropping one off then at 5:15 dropping the other one only to go back pick up the first one then back to get the second. By the time we are home its 8 or 8:30. Every day!!! On Koda's team he is one of the tallest. On Gager's team he is by far one of the smallest.
I have to say that surprisingly I am really liking it so far. I like sitting at practices and watching everyone. (wink) The first week started out great. Koda was loving it and so was Gage. By the end of the week Gage not so much. He said had he know it would be this hard he would not have signed up. Now as a parent what do you do? Let them quit or stick it out? Clint and I sat him down and told him he was going to stick it out this year and next year if he did not like it he did not have to play. In saying this I felt like I needed to show him that we would stick behind him 100 percent and then some. I have been to every practice and tried to show support in every way that I can. We all know once that beginning training is over the fun starts. By the end of the first week Koda was asking his coach to let him try and tackle the biggest kid they had. He has LOVED it!! The start of the next week Gage has started to get the hang of it. I can honestly say that If I did not think he had it in him I would have never let him play. But that kid has NO idea what I see in him! Koda is running back, guard and linebacker. As of now Gage is playing running back, tight end, kick return, punt return and free safety for defence. They both have speed!
Sun's boys were also able to get on the team. Watching Koda and Treyce is so damn funny! I feel sorry for whoever tries to tackle one of them because they have each others backs so watch out!! Gage has really liked Jaiden being on his team as well. Bonus for me because I can have Mrs. Sunshine help me with homework. Also to explain the game as we go along. This is not her first rodeo with it all. haha. I can not wait for the games. I know they will both do so so great and can not wait for it to all start!!
Sun's boys were also able to get on the team. Watching Koda and Treyce is so damn funny! I feel sorry for whoever tries to tackle one of them because they have each others backs so watch out!! Gage has really liked Jaiden being on his team as well. Bonus for me because I can have Mrs. Sunshine help me with homework. Also to explain the game as we go along. This is not her first rodeo with it all. haha. I can not wait for the games. I know they will both do so so great and can not wait for it to all start!!
size difference...
Size difference...




1 comment:
SO CUTE!! I'm SO sad that we are going to miss Treyce and Koda's first game.
I can see it now, Treyce running up and doing his booty shake dance in the face of some poor, crying kid that Koda just laid out.
This season is going to be interesting.They are going to be fun to watch!
Post a Comment