Monday, January 24, 2011

Stickflippen and basketball...that's how they roll...

There is definitely not a lack of testosterone around these parts! I am outnumbered all day every day! Honestly, I would not have it any other way. This year Colton got a chance to play with the big boys. He is Clint's partner on an archery shooting league. Clint put together a group of some great friends and they meet every Tuesday night to shoot. Colt has been loving it! The first night he came home you would have thought that the kid had won the lottery. All he kept saying is that he wishes he could do this every night. He has even started to Fletch peoples arrows. He loves it! He really is a miniature Clint. He has had some really good scores as well. This last Tuesday he begged me to come and watch. I must say this group of guys are having a great time! Along with shooting in the big boys league he is also shooting in a kids league every Saturday. He is in the lead on that one.






Jake, what's so funny?...... Colt has Loved having his Papas shoot as well.
Gage has started his second season of Basketball. Of all the sports that my kids could pick this is the one I know the least about. Gage absolutely loves it. It can literally be 10 degrees outside and you will see him outside practicing! Last year when he would get the ball it seemed he would get a little hesitant to take the shot and pass it. This year he is all over it. Gage is in the 8-10 year old league. This last team we played were dirty little 8-10 year old's. Even worse were the parents. When our guys would go to make shots they would whistle and try and do all they could to distract them. Not in a nice way. The other team was constantly getting called for double teaming and dirty fouls. All I know is its hard not to go out and put them in there place. Ahhh the joys of sports. I am sure it's only going to get better!
This shot was when the kids had hit Gage's arm to get the ball and a little double teaming going on in the other one. Good thing Gage does a good job at holding his own.
The lovely cheer leaders!!! Gage LOVES having people come out to watch!





So this is what we are doing while we patiently wait for Spring/Summer. So then we can throw our selves into something else!

3 comments:

Duncahoo said...

Seriously those boys are so stinking cute! I love how different their personalities are and that they are both kickin some A!

HaleyandGabe said...

ya I had to hurry and get out of their on Saturday cause #1 and #4 AND thier parents did not make me very happy!!!

The Mills said...

Your boys are growing up way too fast! WOW!! We sure miss you guys! Trev wishes Clint lived here.... ha ha