Friday, December 31, 2010

Scout...

Meet our newest addition. Her name is Scout and she is a Golden Retriever. This story goes like this.
Clint had to run to Sportsman's warehouse asked me to go and I said sure. I usually never go. They always have puppies down there and I can usually just keep walking. Saw these little guys though and I was suckered in. We went in the store I looked for a minute then decided to head back out and look at the puppies some more. By the time Clint came out I pretty much had bought the dog.
I like to think of it all as a Ralphie moment. You know where he is day dreaming about his red rider BB gun in front of his teachers desk of how great its going to be. That was me. I was thinking how much fun she would be to go running with etc... I swear I blacked out! Then I woke up in the truck with a dog on my lap. I was thinking what the hell did I do?!?

I was not thinking of what a pain in the ass it is to potty train! Or all the chewing, chewing, chewing and more chewing on EVERYTHING!! She loves the toilet paper and will drag it from one end of the house to the other. If one more person leaves a bathrom door open I may die and they will have to find alternate ways of wiping!! Now the GIANT dog poops in the yard I get to pick up. Its especially fun in the winter with her GIANT paws tracking snow and mud in the house! Did I mention that? I am trying to make her be an inside dog. So now I am brushing her everyday so I don't have dog hair everywhere! Makes you all want to run out and buy a dog doesn't it.

Now on the upside. She is finally potty trained!!! She is really mellow when she is not chewing on everything. Super soft and loving. I really can not wait to take her on our runs. She can be our substitute for a can of pepper spray if any one tries to mess with us. I have always said that having animals is one of the best things you can have for your kids. They LOVE her!

I hope that she lives up to all my dreams and expectations I had that day outside Sports warehouse. If not I'll send her to my mom's! hehehe
This is the day we got her November 28. She is 8 weeks old.

This is her today. Almost 3 months old. She is already so big. The vet told me she is going to be a BIG dog. She also said that I picked a good one. (I hope)






7 comments:

Sorensen's said...

How fun! She is a cutie! I remember when I worked there at Sportsman's I would try my hardest to not walk outside when there was puppies cause they were ALL so dang cute.

HaleyandGabe said...

what about when you had to chase after Scout in your socks out in the snow cause he took off with Cruzers bink??!!! so funny

Duncahoo said...

I had not even thought about taking her on our runs! Yeah! She will be a great addition!

DeGrey Family said...

That is funny. If Sean wants a dog he can get one then he has to clean up the pooh.

Tevita said...

SOOO CUTE! when I had my lab which chewed on everything, the vet said that the kong chew toys were the best! Our puppie loved it!

Tevita said...

Oh this is Makenzie by the way :)

*WEST* said...

Kenz...I think I have bought a little bit of everything for her to chew on. Yet she still goes for the non chewable stuff! I just keep telling myself patience!!!
Ummm I can't see your blog!!