Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Grandpa "Pard" Fraughton

Grandpa Fraughton was born July 11 1935 and passed away on October 7 2010. It is still hard to believe that he is gone. He had Pancreatic cancer two years ago and had surgery and went through chemo and was doing really well. Then in September he started to have trouble went to the Dr. and found that it had come back everywhere. He has always lived life to the fullest. Even up to the very end he did not skip a beat. This man was a HUGE part of Clint's life. He stepped in when Clint's real dad decided not too. It has been really hard for Clint to let him go. The only comfort is to know that he is not in pain and is at peace. I would love to change the outcome of this past month but I would not trade the experiences I have had for anything.

The funeral and viewing were amazing. Just to see how many life's he had touched. People waiting in line for over 3 hours. Hearing all the stories and seeing old friends that we have met because of Grandpa. All the speakers were so good. I have to give it to Clint for his part. SO SO good!!

Clint's Uncle had a photographer come and take some pictures three weeks before he passed away. I got to follow him around with my camera and these are my shots. It was so great to have him in his element nothing posed just doing what he loved.

























We have such wonderful memories of him. I put the "Pard" in there because he always called people pard or partner. He treated everyone he came in contact with like they were his best friend. Like I said I would give anything to change the outcome but I would not change the experience I had that last week for anything.

Before he died he said he would leave pennies so we knew he was around. Now I am a somewhat superstitious person when it comes to crazy stories. But I swear to you this happened! I was sitting at my computer the night the viewing was over. It was late the house was quiet everyone asleep. There is nothing around me. All of a sudden I hear something hit the floor directly behind me. I look down and there is the shiniest penny. I think every hair on my body stood up. I was even in my underwear so it could not have fallen out of a pocket and the closest thing behind me is the kitchen Island. I ran and grabbed Clint to show him. He thought it was so cool. Even as I type this I have goosebumps!

He loved and lived life to the fullest and you never ever heard him complain. His family was everything to him. Yes he was an old timer cowboy and they can be a little rough around the edges but through and through he was a great guy. We love and will miss him greatly!!

15 comments:

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

I am so sorry about your family's loss. It is never easy to loose anyone we love especially when we hold them so dear to our hearts. What amazing pictures Shan. I love the one with the hands on his horse!! I am hear for you always if you every need anything or a shoulder to cry on. I got goosebumps just reading about the penny. So crazy how the lord works. I do believe he allows are loved ones to stay close to us. xoxo

HaleyandGabe said...

I still think about his funeral and how AMAZING it was! Everyone who spoke did so good and where Clint pulled his talk out of who knows but he did so awesome I was shocked! you could just tell he loved him so very much! but the girl who read the obituary needed some help hehehehe JK you did good too!

aww we will sure miss grandpa fraughton!

Makenzie said...

I am so sorry about your familys loss! Your pictures are timeless and breathtaking!!! I love them!

Tahsha said...

So sorry. Grandpas are special people. This pictures are amazing! I love the penny story. Thinking of you.

The Bischoff's said...

Sorry for your loss! What a cool story about the penny! Something to help you never forget!

ashleycottam said...

My Ranse will be So heartbroken. He was the best cowboy bus helper Ranse has ever known. He was so in love with him and so concerned when he went into the hospital the first time. I hope that you all keep smiling thinking of all the memories and great moments that you shared. Tell Clint and his mom that our family is thinking of them. They were the best bus driving buddies around and we feel safe and lucky that Ranse was in their care for two years. In fact, when Ranse broke his leg when he was three, Cowboy carried him off the bus and brought him to me. (my eyes are tearing up just thinking about it) Sending our love, Ashley

Sorensen's said...

I am bawling! I am going to really miss Kay. I think about how happy Lynn must be to have his best friend in heaven with him. We were lucky to have all of the Sorensen grandkids go pheasant hunting with him last fall and I got some great pictures and laughs that day that I will forever cherish! I wish I could have been to the funeral, I love to hear stories about him. You will be amazed at how much you will feel him around your family, watching over you guys!

Robyn said...

Oh Shannon, I heard he had just passed away!! Such a cute man!! Love those pictures!! So sorry to hear!! Love you guys!

Steve K said...

My thoughts are with the West's and Fraughtons. Kay is and was a great man. I am very glad I was able to get to know and spend some time with him. I was out of town for the funeral, and have heard it was awesome. Clint said it was recorded, I look forward to being able to hear it. I know your Grandpa will continue to be a part of your lives, he is a great example of a man.
Clint shared the penny story with me. I am not sure who is more excited about that, Kay or the family. That is way cool.
Ride On....

katie said...

xoxo

Sunshine said...

WOW! What amazingly perfect pictures.
His funeral was the best I've ever been to.
I'm sad for your loss but I know you all have so many GREAT memories with him.

Duncahoo said...

Such an amazing man and I am so sad I did not get to know him. The pictures turned out so good and what great memories he left behind. So much love to you and your family!

Lindsay Henderson said...

I'm so sorry Shannon, the penny story gave me goosebumps all over!! Your pictures are amazing of him, he was a handsome cowboy:) xo

May Family said...

I am sorry for the loss of this great guy in your lives. He sounds like a special man! I hope all is well with you and your family.

Amber Lynn said...

Sounds like an amazing guy!!!!