The story starts with...My dad has put in for a once in a lifetime moose tag for 24 years and finally drew it. He put in for a different area then he has in the past only to find out that there was a massive winter kill in this area so his chances were looking slim to non. Needless to say he has been so bummed. They have put in some pretty grueling hikes and camp outs looking for a moose.
So Clint and my dad got up at 4:30 in the morning to head out before they left I told them they were crazy cause it was raining and cold. Then Clint called around 9:30 to tell me they got one and that I needed to get his frame pack and other supplies and head his way. Gabe, Haley and I took off not knowing really what we are in for, there for I was not dressed the part. Luckily Clint was prepared for both of us. Well I should say that he took his rain gear off and gave it to me cause in his words "he is a freaking mountain goat". It was raining and muddy and cold. We hiked up a pretty steep mountain and finally got there. They had to call in some good friends to bring in the horses and mules to get the sucker out. I am very grateful for that cause I could not imagine trying to pack that out of there down the mountain. A friend of a friend of Clint's showed up who we have never met to help, how nice is that?!? A huge thank you to the Hadlock boys for all there help as well. All in all it was an adventure and I am very happy for my dad!
Sorry if this post makes no sence I am trying to make a very long story short!
I found these pics of my kids on Clint's camera they are from two weeks ago on a trip up the mountains...

Going down the mountain the antlers were sliding all over the saddle so Clint decided to giddy up and pack it down the mountain.





10 comments:
How exciting! Thank goodness your dad finally got one. He looks really big too.
Congrats to your dad!! I love Clint's little sayings. He cracks me up.
WOW! That sounds like a fun day! That Moose is huge! How cool that your dad and Clint both drew this year. You and Hailey are so cute! It is fun to see the Hadlocks too.
Fun stuff! I love the Fall! I am going to come by soon and get some pumpkins I promise!
Kel
seriously that was just really fun huh?? well i'm sure you had fun soakin up in the hot tub at the hotel waiting for the horses while i stood on that mountain in the rain watching gabe and dad slice and dice....(that was a little much huh?? i mean skin and quarter) j/k. you were a cute drowned rat by the way.
p.s.i'm going to go show up on some woman's doorstep for my blanket if I don't get a call soon! 4 weeks!!are ya jokin??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! That is awesome for your dad and can I just say you are a real pioneer women!
You are such a hot mountain woman!!
you are TOTALLY a HOT mtn woman! congrats to your dad too.
i use to be a big time mtn chick but the older i get, the more miserable that adventure seems to be...SOOOOORRY...and in the rain? that makes it even worse so YOU R AWESOME!
I am so happy for your dad! He totally deserves it and it sounds like the way he got it was AWESOME!!!
I hope you do come with Ris next time!! Whenever you two need a break!! :)
P.s. I get so jealous that you and haley always get to hang out! :(
Hey there Clint and Shannon! It looks like you had a great time on the mountain! I heard all about it from my dad and Riley. They had a good time, and my dad thinks that Clint is a blast to be around. Nice to see that they made the blog (I think it's funny because they both don't like the whole blog thing, and they give me a bad time about it always!) I am adding you to my blogging list so that I can keep up on your famiy, if you don't mind. Your boys are so dang cute!!!
Our blog is private so email me if you want an invite.
onewildefamily at yahoo dot com
Post a Comment