Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lake Powell

"You get by with a little help from your friends"



We finally went on our annual trip to Powell and it was so much fun! The first night it tried to rain but lucky for us it only sprinkled for awhile then it was so nice until the last night there. Then we had a nasty wind storm come through. We left on Sunday and it was not looking so good for the boaters getting ready to get on the water! We had such a good time tubing, cliff jumping, fishing, site seeing, trying to wake board and just all being together! Cole and I seemed to have a great time catching lizards cause after awhile it was only he and I left in the water! We got huge water rockets and sprayed them off of the walls it was a lot of fun and a great arm work out!

Dakoda started to get a pretty high fever the night we got there and had a fever the whole time we were there. I took him into the Dr when we got back and he has double ear infections. I would have never guessed. He has had maybe one his little life. Even as miserable as he was from time to time he was all about swimming. He is such a tough kid. He went off a cliff that was about 15 to 20 ft high, but no way was he going to watch everyone else and he not do it! Gage was all about the big water tramp and Colt was all about the fishing! All in all it was such a good time and a HUGE thanks to all the hard work Clint's Dad and Mom do to put it all together! I can not wait to get back!


Striper fishing is so much fun! You just hope that when you are out playing in the water a big boil does not come up!!!


FUN going off of the slide!!


The water was finally deep enough to make it back up to the Indian ruins... It was only a ten minute walk. A couple years ago it took us like an hour to get there and was very, very HOT!






Koda going off the cliff. Macki and Coles face is so funny they both have a I cant believe he just did it look!!


I love Bridgers "cheese" smile! He had so much fun!!!




Cliff jumping!!!

Some of the many faces of Clint!

14 comments:

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Look's like it was tons of fun and super HOT! Glad your back now let's get together!!

adamsfamilynews said...

I love Lake Powell!! We are go down at the end of the month. I can't believe Koda jumped off that high of a cliff.

Manolakis Family said...

Great photos... I can't wait to get back! What canyon were the indian ruins in? and what side of the Lake - Greg and I haven't been to the ruins since we were kids and talked about going next time.

Hill said...

I am so sickenly, insanely jealous. I haven't been to Powell for years.

Cole and Ashli Wilson said...

I wanna go back!!!! We had such a great time with everyone and Bridger is missing the kids!! Your pictures turned out way cute, and I love the looks on Cole and Macs faces when Koda jumped...I still can't believe he did it!

HaleyandGabe said...

hey i talked to gabe and he wants in.......lets do it!!!!!!!

katie said...

if i had my way...
i would have an awesome house boat and live in lake powell for 1/2 of the summer. i love it!

it looks like you had alot of fun down there. i feel so bad for dakoda because of the sick factor!

i love that sunset picture that you got! :) once again...another good one!

*WEST* said...

Hey Natalie- we went to bullfrog, and they are in Forgotten canyon. It looks kind of scary at first to get your boat up in but it is not bad and there is a trail to get right to them!!!

Marianne Martin said...

Sooo Fun! I've never been there. Now I'm more sad about that looking at how fun your pictures are.

The Bischoff's said...

That looks like so much fun! I LOVE Lake Powell! Im totally jealous now! :)
Looks like you guys are having a great summer!

Amber Lynn said...

I love the pictures, looks like such a great trip!!! my fav has to be the one of the boys fishing at dusk,, its such a cute picture! Im glad you guys had a fun SAFE trip!! isnt lake powell the best place on earth!!

Manolakis Family said...

Bummer - we were in forgotten canyon too! I'll have to look at a map.... Fun!!

Robyn said...

We must have got there when you were just leaving, how funny probably just past each other! Was it not so stinkin hot! I died! Looks like you had so much fun!

The Mills said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with us, We miss you guys, your kids are getting so big, we need your address you can email it to Trev!!