Thursday, June 19, 2008

8 SECOND RIDE...


(o.k. it's not quite 8 seconds)



I look forward to June because I know Strawberry Days is coming. It has been tradition to go since I do not know when. We look forward to the rodeo. The one thing I love to watch besides the bull riding (which we did not get to see this year) is the mutton bustin. Especially when you see the kids around Dakoda's age out there not the ones that can pick the sheep up and carry them away. This year Dakoda got to ride a sheep and he was so excited! It is crazy how early you have to start thinking about it because it fills up so fast! (THANKS Robin!) He did such a good job and had the sheep not ate it I think he would have held on a little longer. I must say he is one tough kid and did not even cry when the sheep rolled on top of him and he ate a handful of dirt! He got up a little stunned for a sec and saw Clint and had a grin from ear to ear! I do not know who was more proud Clint, Koda or me!!!



I love the one where he is scratching his head.



We LOVE you!!!



15 comments:

adamsfamilynews said...

I love to watch mutton bustin. Jeremiah wants to have Alexis do it when she is old enough. I like the picture of Dakoda sitting on the sheep waiting for the gate to open...he looks a little nervous

Duncahoo said...

That is so great! All the pics you got of everyone are sooooo cute. Good job Koda

Hill said...

That was so funny, I love that pic of koda and clint. Tell clint thanks for fighting josh's battle for him. What would we do with out him?

HaleyandGabe said...

I swear Koda is the one who tackled that sheep to the ground!!! CUTE pictures of those guys by the way!!

Tara said...

That's my pirate boy!!!!

Chase Family said...

They are so stinking cute!!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Too cute! GREAT JOB Koda!! I wish I would have been there to see that!

Manolakis Family said...

So cute! He looks like a little handsome cowboy!!

Cole and Ashli Wilson said...

Hey guys, you all look so cute in your cowboy hats! Good job Koda!!

Marianne Martin said...

That is so great! Did you have butterflies in your stomache? For some reason, I always get them. He did really well. He's gotten so big! and handsome!

Sunshine said...

That looked like it would hurt. But I bet he LOVED it! Dakoda is such a cute, TOUGH boy.

Robyn said...

he did so good, he was so cute!

Tahsha said...

too cute shan! I love that picture!
Hey, how to you make collages on your blog? do you do them in photoshop, or is there are way to upload the pictures and have them put together on the blog?
thanks!

Ashley Willoughby said...

Hi there just checking you out! What great pictures! I am in love with the one of you husband dusting your little boy off after his wild ride! Hope all is well take care

"The Conservative One" said...

What's up Clint?
The other Atwood Blog!
http://ra-theconservative1.blogspot.com/