Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dakoda and his TONSILS!!!!

FINALLY!!!  This poor kid has been sick so much because of his tonsils!  It is so beyond frustrating that the Dr.'s like them to have a positive strep test 5+ times before they want to do something.  Every time I take him to the Dr. it is sore throat related.  I either leave there with a negative strep test only to be in the insta care that night or next day and its positive.  Frustrating!!!  His tonsils have always been huge.  Sometimes to the point it sounds like he has a mouth full of food.   As a mother I think we know in our guts when something is not right and I finally said enough is enough send me to an ENT.

We went on the 1st and they had Dakoda scheduled for the 5th.  The Dr. confirmed what I knew was wrong.  He said his tonsils were HUGE.  I showed him the video of Dakoka snoring and he said they would check out his adenoids while in there.  No little guy should sound like that.  He was so nervous but did so GREAT!  The Dr. said when they took his tonsils out they crumbled like cottage cheese and were full of tonsils stones.  Due to being so infected.  They also took the adenoids as well.  The only scary part was in the recovery room they finally put him on oxygen because his breathing was dipping into the 50's.  Little guy was tired!  It is a little scary seeing them be under and hooked up.  So glad that its all over with! 
Hoping this is and end to this nonsense!!

3 comments:

HaleyandGabe said...

YAY!!! no more sick days for Koda. Now he just needs to get back to being normal. He is too quiet for my liking! And honestly I was WORRIED how the kid would survive on liquids....

Sunshine said...

I will never be able to eat cottage cheese again....
Can't wait for him to get ALL better and not be sick anymore. Treyce has been driving us crazy waiting for Koda to be able to play again.

Duncahoo said...

Its been a long two weeks but it will be so worth it that they are finally out!!!