I know Clint loves the Fall as much as I do. Maybe him even more but for different reasons. Me, I know that Peaches are over, bring on the pumpkins, leaves changing and cooler temps. Him.....THE HUNT!!!
I have known from day one what I was getting into when it came to his hunting. Even more knowing I have three boys. Especially Colt who is a mini Clint! Clint LOVES knowing he has three boys to try and get away with every hunt, gadget and gun that he can. Examples...he will say things like "well Colt really needs this gun" or "Dakoda and Gage would have so much fun with this hunt." Really honey, you have got to come up with something else. I really try not to complain..meaning-how long you going, when will you be back, who is going and HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?!? He knows how much getting out with my friends, running, and just me time mean to me. I know that this is his version of "running." I really try not to touch the subject!
I will say this Elk hunt is way over due. So glad he got a nice one. I have seen him there for everyone else so its nice to see him get one for a change. He also went to Montana and got a nice buck. As nice as all this is I have to say its even nicer that he is finally home!! Between work and hunts he is over due for some home bonding time!!!








4 comments:
Clint is one lucky guy! I love how you wrote this!!! way to look at the glass half full ;)
That is an amazing Elk. I bet he is so excited. Clint is so lucky that you are so understanding. So many hunting wives are B*** about it and it makes for a unhappy husbands. This is a big deal to me, so If I can insert my perspective where I wasn't asked: I'm so glad that I was understanding, and even excited about Brad's obsession with hunting. I would feel so bad right now if I'd been one of THOSE wives. On that same note, Brad was amazing at making sure that I was his priority. So ,though the hunting took up a lot of his time, he went out of his way to make sure that I was happy and still got tons of his love, time and attention. He knew that as long as I knew that I was his priority, I would never resent him or be difficult when it came to his hobbies. I hope Clint does that for you. I'm sure he does. He's awesome. And you are an awesome wife/mother. Miss ya!
Tahsha, Thank you for your thoughts. I really do try and be supportive. As he has always been so supportive of me. I think sometimes it comes down to trying to juggle it all. Between kids, family time, hunts, him working out of town a lot and just life.
Think of you often and miss you.
xoxoxoxo
You really are such a good hunters wife.
And wife in general.
Post a Comment