
Training? hahahahah... So I have the canyon lands half marathon coming up in about two seconds. March 19Th to be exact. We found out we drew I think in December?? I had the greatest intentions of being strong and ready. But some how it has not panned out that way. This winter just may be the longest on record for me. As far as mental and physical. I have a very strong dislike with the tread mill. It really takes all I have to get on one. Although I will say I almost did 10 miles on it last Friday. Ris pushed passed ten. Anyway since its been 15 degrees outside I have not wanted to do that either. I have not been sitting on my booty, well trying not too. I have been working out still just not as much as I usually do.
Since doing the red rock one thing that I learned about my self is that I really do enjoy a good run but I do not know yet that I love doing marathons. Ris, Sun and I have been doing the canyon for about 6 years now. We did it for a good chat and a great workout. As time has gone on we have gotten stronger and faster and have gone longer and longer. For me its funner to challenge myself for fun then it is knowing that I have to do xx amount of miles in xx amount of time. However this will officially be my first marathon other then the Red rock. So we will see when all is said and done. Lets just say I will be hitting the pavement and gym extra hard these next few weeks!!
I am how ever so thankful to be doing this we these girls! Seriously I love to run with them. They push me when I want to quit. And just make me want to be a better person. Now Ris, Sun and I will endure this sucker to the end regardless of the amount of training I know we will make it. Ris and I seem to maybe do better when we only have a couple weeks notice and seem to break our times. Haley on the other hand will probably be done and showered and ready to head home by the time we cross the finish line cause she is smoking fast well and HOT! Just ask "harmless biker guy"at the gym. hahahha. Really though could not imagine doing this with out each one of you there.
hmmmmmm what would Oprah do in crunch time....to be continued......




9 comments:
Yay!! I didnt know you were doing a half soon!! You will be my motivation to keep going! 10 miles on the treadmill is amazing, I wish I could do that! Hopefully you and I both kick some butt in the next few weeks cause I need it too!!
More updates please!! :)
It really is in 2 seconds but we will be ready! It sucks to bond with the treadmill but as I do it more I am not hating it quite as much. Mainly just cause I am excited to do it without my knee falling off. We will have a great time and I am glad we will all be there this time.
Haley will definately kick our trash!
I'm so excited for you all!! I'll have to come and cheer you on!! Best of luck!!
I'm SO excited for a trip with my favorite girls.
The run on the other hand..... I'm screwed!!
I have wanted to do Moab with you people for the longest time. Actually, back before you 3 went all crazy got in amazing shape etc. Now I'm left wondering if I can catch a ride on Haley's back. :)
Sun, I am rolling!!!
you are going to have so much fun and do AWESOME!!! i can't wait to hear all about it....
:)
you guys are killing me! QUIT IT!!!!!!!!! you have all ran races before and I have never ran anything. I don't even know what I am doing. I seriously bet I'll be running behind you b/c I'll be off in the bushes wiping with leaves or wiping with my shirt (and they have both happened before hahahaha)
FYI - You are so amazing and I admire you so much! You have inspired me to get off my butt - Not right now at 1:00 AM, but tomorrow.... afternoonish! ;-)
Amber
Post a Comment