Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mini Vacation

For some reason it makes the cold more tolerable when you are not stuck at home. Even if you are only 45 minutes from your house. Clint was over the hunting expo at the Salt Palace this weekend so I decided to surprise the kids and take them up there for the weekend. Clint did not get to play with us that much because he had to stay and run the show. It was a fast mini get away but the kids had a blast. We of course did lots of swimming at the hotel and Clint's sis and my sis came up with their fams to play and swim. Both of our parents also came by as well as seeing lots of friends.


I must say it is so nice to be able to sit pool side for once and read or relax and let your kids have at it. Bostyn and Bridger LOVED it and they both have no fear and think they can try to swim like the big kids!


We finally made it to the discovery center at the gateway. Every time the girls have gone I have not been able too. I am glad the kids got to go they had so much fun. However I do not think I will be going on a Saturday any time soon. It was crazy busy and too many moms that just do not watch there kids. There favorite part was the rock wall and the helicopter.





We also hit the planetarium. They LOVED it!



There favorite part of the expo was the lazor shooting. Clint and the boys are really thinking we need to put one of these in the basement!



We also hit a couple of movies. It was a lot to fit in, in a weekend but it was good times!


8 comments:

HaleyandGabe said...

FYI....do not do a cannon ball in 4ft. of water!

The Mills said...

How fun, you guys do the funnest things!!

Sunshine said...

Fun!
I agree with the laser shooting thing in the basement, your boys (Clint inc.) would love it.
you have me feeling like I really need to go somewhere. We need to get our boys together to play.

TJ and Stephanie said...

That sounds so fun! I could sure use a mini vacation! Your boys are so lucky, you are such a FUN mom!

Marianne Martin said...

I can't wait to be one of those moms that can just relax at the pool while their kids play. Rub it in will ya.

Ashley Willoughby said...

Anything to beat the cold! You are such a cute mom!

Amber Lynn said...

how fun! I love your pictures they are alway so fun to look at.. and your such a hottie! lol

thescotts said...

Super fun! You are such a fun, great mom! Your boys are super lucky!
We need to get together soon!
Miss ya!
Kel