Monday, January 5, 2009

Koda and the dentist and then some...


(This pic is not from the dentist today but from the first time he ever had something done and wanted to see the elephant nose on himself)

Koda had a rough one at the dentist today to say the least. I was really surprised because he usually does really well. I guess it would be a mix of having to drug him up and the laughing gas. He was so scared at first then he just cried and cried. After a while he was good and got really loopy in the chair asking when he was going to get his shot which he already had. He said to the dentist "Wait a minute, your telling me I already had it". And then repeatedly telling me hi and giggling. Then I thought to myself, I should have what he is having!

I just have to write down some of the stuff he has said lately because to me it was pretty funny.

Koda:Mom where is dad?
Me: He had to go to Indianapolis.
Koda: Is it cold there?
Me:Yes
Koda: Indianapos has lots of Indians huh!
(I know I spelled this wrong he was having a hard time saying this word and this is what it sounded like..sort of)

We were getting ready to go to the store and he had his own money he wanted to bring. At the last minute he looked at me and said:
"Mom I won't bring my money this time I am going to let you spend your money today".
He said it all nice like he was doing me a favor.

Koda found a penny on the ground and hollers" YES I am the luckiest person and this is going to be a lucky day!!"

I need to be better at writing down all the nonsense stuff they say. I know it is silly but I love to remember stuff like this. He is getting so grown up and it is bitter sweet to me. I am realizing he is no longer a baby and its a pill that is kind of hard to swallow. I have so much fun watching them grow, I guess they just grow to dang fast!

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

SO Cute!They do say and do the cutest things.
I swear the older we get the faster time goes by.

Sunshine said...

P.S. If you ever happen to get your hands on some laughing gas like Koda had pass it to me when your done. haha

Duncahoo said...

I love that even in all his sorrows he is still smiling for the picture. He is so samn cute.

Hill said...

That is awesome. I love hearing the silly things that kids say.

The Mills said...

What a cute kid!! You should write all these down so he can read them when he gets older :)

katie said...

i just love the things that kids can sometimes say :)

ps i HATE the dentist