Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our Christmas vacation...

Our Christmas vacation has been pretty laid back so far this year. And I have LOVED it! The first half we really did not do much at all and really have just laid around the house. Clint has been out with his buddies hunting, the kids have played with friends and cousins and I have enjoyed not having a schedule for 2 weeks! I got in a couple of good reads but one book in particular I loved. It has been the first book that I put on my new Kindle. That little gadget is so much fun and so worth it if you like to read. Any way back to the book. Even if you are not a big reader this book is worth reading. It is not long and is such a good book. And if you read it and do not feel any thing after you are done, you are crazy!


So far we have seen lots of movies, or I should say that I have! We all really liked Bedtime stories. Benjamin Button was good but really looooong! In fact Clint says he is good with not going into a theater for three moths after we saw this. Marley and me was good and I cried. I think My favorite movie so far this holiday season has been Australia. I LOVED it!




That has been our vacation so far. Nothing big, but so nice!  



6 comments:

Desiallred said...

Shan, I'm so excited to see the shack on here. I just started it and heard it was the best book ever, especially with my crazy family situation. I gotta remember to call you for good book picks!! I miss you guys. I really need to come see ya!!

*WEST* said...

Des, you do need to come by! It is so good to hear from you. You will love this book. It is unlike any book that I have ever read. Haley just started it too. Hope you are good and stop in any time, we miss ya!

Happy new year!!
Shan

HaleyandGabe said...

ok you make me sad!! the last movie i have been to was with you on your b-day...austrailia!! how sad is that?!?!?!?!!!!!

Chase Family said...

You have such a fun life you are my idol!

*WEST* said...

Karly you make me laugh!

Manolakis Family said...

Greg and I are both in the middle of reading the shack... our next door neighbors gave it to us after the author came to their church and told his inspiring and spirtitual story. We have his talk on CD too.