Saturday, October 11, 2008

school days 2008

We just had school pictures done for 2008. I decided to post what pictures they have done from when they have started school so that I will have them when I put these posts into a book. Its fun to look back and see how much difference a year can make. I love looking at when they start loosing teeth and then when they grow back in they look enormous in there little mouths, the different hair styles and the different smiles. I love looking at pictures and remembering moments. Time goes so fast and there is nothing better than having pictures to look back on and to capture as many memories that you can. I admit it has been a different year for me having all of them in school. There are days when I think as soon as they walk out the door I'm tackling the house and I do and then when I'm done it is really quiet. I'm still waiting for that day that when they leave I can sit and do nothing, it would be nice every once and a while. Its hard at times to think that we probably are done having kids because I do miss having a baby around. But at the same time I'm loving the stage we are at. I for sure know that I am blessed to have these three boys!

last years..


preschool... retakes.....much better I think



So I do not Love Dakoda's picture this year. In fact we had them redone but I do not have them back yet. He is so energetic and laid back at the same time. He will try ANYTHING and that includes food! He loves to hang with his brothers, and be in the mountains with his dad. He loves to play with his friends and he loves his time home with me when we are one on one. He is loving preschool and his teacher says he is doing really well. Which is good cause I'm still not too sure about his teacher but that is a different story. He has grown up so fast but I think the younger ones seem to grow faster!?! He for sure is very independent and loves trying new things.


kindergarten


1st grade 2nd grade


Right before Gage had his pics done this year he face planted on some rail road ties luckily it healed pretty fast and all that was left were little scabs. He is loving school and is doing so well. His teacher told us as a district 2nd grade should test at least at an 18 in overall performance (still not sure what it all means) and Gage tested at a 28. He loves his teacher. I have loved watching Gage this year I have noticed him becoming more independent. Him and Colt are so close in age that for awhile Gage would just follow Colt around like little siblings do. He still loves to be with Colt but he is thinking and doing more for himself now. He is a lover and is very compassionate for people and animals. He has the funniest personality and has us laughing a lot.


kindergarten 1st


2nd 3rd


4th

Colt is also doing so well in school. He is really into the science stuff and learning how things work. He is a big thinker and analyzes everything. At parent teacher this week I wont lie I had to hold back a tear. His teacher said if he had a class room full of Colton's he would teach for free. I'm not trying to brag but he really is a great kid. He is so full of heart. He is so so good to his brothers and the most unselfish kid. He is always thinking of others first. I wont lie and say that we don't have are moments because we do. But overall he makes me want to be a better person. He has an amazing little spirit.


For the most part I am grateful they have such great teachers. I think it is so important and makes such a big difference in their lives. I think they have enough to worry about in the world today and the way they are taught by their teachers and us as parents makes a HUGE difference in who they become...

9 comments:

Sunshine said...

What a good post & a good idea. You have the greatest boys!

Robyn said...

Wow! Its crazy how much they change huh? Good idea! And thanks for the hug earlier!:) I needed it!

Jense Family said...

I can not believe how big your kids are getting. I wish some days that all my kids were in school. I love that we can keep up on each others lives through blogging. Your boys are so big!!!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Your boys are so HANDSOME!!! I can't believe how big they are getting. Thanks for being such an amazing friend!!

Anonymous said...

You have the most handsome boys ever!!! Their school pics look great, so far I haven't really liked Mckinley's. Hopefully this year will be different.

Crystal said...

What a great post. I see myself looking at my boys in a few years and wondering how time flies. They are such cute boys and it sounds like you have done a good job "mom"

katie said...

they have grown alot when you compare the years!

...and really!!! they are such handsome boys!

ps---you are the kind of people who should keep having babies to continue to populate our state with the future hotties! :)

Jess said...

You have cute boys!

I made a cute post of you guys. I had a lot of favorites but I had to stop. You will get to see the rest when i am done. I will let you know soon.

Unknown said...

Hey! this is kennedy if u remember me!!! Colton is geting so big, i can't beleive he is in fourth grade!!!!! Fourth was my harddest but i am glad he is doing well!! incase u were wondering, i am in imiddle school aka sixth grade,it actually isn't that hard!!!! (surprisingly) Gage and Dakoda to are getting big!! Miss ya, love ya!! My mom sure misses u too!!! ( i think) KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Kennedy
Melissa's daughter~~