Wednesday, June 11, 2008

SURPRISE!!!

Clint had to do a big show in Florida with his uncle Chad, so I decided to surprise my kids and take them. Chad's wife Jen also came and surprised his youngest Cody by not telling them we were all going. He was so excited when he saw my boys. For any one who knows us Disneyland is one of our favorite places to go. We try and go once a year so I thought it would be so fun and surprise them and go to Disneyworld. I took Colt and Gage once when they were little cause Haley made it to nationals for softball but they don't remember it at all. And I went once with Clint cause he had a show and I swore I would never go back with out kids. I won't lie and say it was not killing me to tell them but I managed to keep it a secret up until about an hour before we headed to the airport. They were so excited. Colt guessed that we were going but did not realize we were going that day, they all flipped. I have decided that is the only way to go once your kids are older because I did not have to hear "how many more days", "when we leaving", and I already had bags packed so they did not have time to throw in a bunch of crap! We hit Disney world, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood. .

The first day there Gage got sick and I had to fly out of line for the Safari cause he was throwing up. I think he got heat stroke it honestly felt like 150 degrees with the humidity. So we took them back and let him cool off and eat and then he was a whole new kid and good to go!


This is the pool out side my room window it was amazing!
The kids had so much fun in the pool.


It was Star Wars weekend there and if you know my kids they LOVE star wars! This was probably one of the best things that could have happened for them! Koda was so excited to see the power rangers too.


Colt's cousin Cody was a good sport and decided to be the girl. I was laughing so hard. Colt is Mace Windu and he is a black guy in the movie so it was really funny to see Colt do him and Gage has a fro and Koda has a beard.



We had to force Cody to get a pic with Chewy! Can you believe the kid has never seen an episode of star wars! Jen was so excited to see him and has started to plan a big star wars party. Cody is in for it!!!



Lots of fun in the parks. I was so bummed because Pirates was closed until the 19 for maintenance!!!



Koda finally found an Indiana Jones hat! We have been looking forever. Never mind that it was like three sizes+ to big he was getting it.



It was a fun and fast vacation. We hardly got to see Clint because he had to run the show. It was so much to fit in in 5 days, but I am so glad we went and can not wait to go back!

17 comments:

adamsfamilynews said...

That looks like a lot of fun!!

HaleyandGabe said...

how weird is that that i got everyone down to florida for my softball and i didnt even get to go to disneyworld?!?! (well the team rode the monorail around the park to get to a luau) not fair!

Crystal said...

Wow how fun! what a way to suprise them. You are such a fun mom...

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

I was waiting for you to put the pictures of your trip on. I am totally with you in keeping it a secret! I am going to do that if we EVER go on a trip anytime soon!! Looks like it was tons of fun. I bet the boys were on cloud 9!!

Hill said...

That is awesome, You guys do the funnest things ever.

Robyn said...

How fun, Im so so jealous, you know me I so love disneyland, one day Ill make it to Disneyworld! Looks like you had a total blast!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! We love disneyland as well and I want to go to disneyworld so bad. Maybe in a few years when my kids are a little older!!! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous too! That looks like so much fun!

Sunshine said...

SO FUN! I'm jealous!Kyle & I went to Disney World on our honeymoon. I have wanted to take my kids since & never have, one of these days!
Smart and fun for keeping it a secret I'm going to have to try that one of these days.

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

You're tagged go to my blog to see! Have a good day!

Jense Family said...

I am really really jelous I love disney world the best of all it's way better then just plane old disney land. It can get really hot there though. I am glad you guys had lots of fun and thats awesome you suprised them. I suck at keeping secrets. Hey you defenitly need to stop by one of theese days. We would love for you to stop.

THE EVANS FAMILY said...

You have to be like the best mom ever... at least that is what your boys should be saying. What a great surprise!! Next time we go to Disneyland or DisneyWorld.. I want you with us. Your vacations always seem to be amazing! We're going to Disneyland next spring... wanna come?

Christensen Kids Blog said...

Its your long lost non-blogging friend. I am wishing so badly that I was in Florida right now. My kids would be loving it. I need to get down to Utah to see you guys. I would love to get together and go out. Talk to you soon. Love Ya, Jen

The Bischoff's said...

Hey Shannon and Clint! It's Shannon Bischoff (Bilbao) I came across your blog and wanted to say hi! Hope you don't mind! You're kids are DARLING!

adamsfamilynews said...

it looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I noticed you left me a comment on my blog that we need to talk...I will have to give you a call

katie said...

Oh my gosh! How fun for you! We are very jealous, thats for sure!

Tara said...

Shannon, I am shocked you didn't take your mom, what is wrong with you,of all the people I know she is the perfect person to take. I know 50 people who would give anything to have a mom like that to take with them to disneyland. I bet she felt so left out and abandoned. Your mom is one of the nicest people I know always helping everybody and she is so funny. Mr. Depp